Stephanie Capps is the founder, owner and principal attorney of The Capps Law Firm, P.C. She founded the firm on the belief that clients want a lawyer who is personable and understanding yet aggressive and results oriented. Utilizing a staff with a dedication, focus and attention to detail, she and her colleagues are ready to present your position firmly, and meet your legal needs on time and on budget.
Stephanie began her career at a business and commercial litigation firm. She has handled the formation of business entities and the negotiation and drafting of accompanying documents including shareholder, partnership and operating agreements. She has also represented businesses and individuals in breach of contract disputes, fraud and consumer fraud, malpractice, and negligence matters. Her experience allows her to be able to approach your family law needs from the perspective of a business litigator.
Stephanie currently counsels clients on all aspects of divorce and relationship issues, including custody, visitation, child support, maintenance, property division, and debt division. She knows the law and delivers her clients timely and accurate legal advice and realistic expectations. She is thorough, prepared and keeps her clients up to date on the status of their case. She has gained the respect of her peers and judges throughout Cook County.
Stephanie manages to make time in her very busy schedule to attend Picture Us Different Dance Studio, where she has been a company dance member and dance instructor for young children and teenagers for over 17 years. Her current and former clients and their families look forward to attending Stephanie’s annual dance production every June.
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- B.A., DePaul University, Chicago, IL, cum laude
- J.D., California Western School of Law, San Diego, CA, cum laude
Professional and Bar Association Memberships:
- Illinois State Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Chicago Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Family Law Section
- Union League Club of Chicago
- Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce
- Chicago Council on Global Affairs
- Professional Woman’s Club of Chicago
- Chicago Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Family Law Section, researcher for Avoiding Malpractice in Family Law Matters, 2014.
- Illinois Divorce Digest, Grandparents’ Custody/Visitation Campaign Ends, 2013.
- Lawyers.com, What’s wrong with that Doggie in the Window, 2013.
- Today’s Chicago Woman, Guest Blogger, Skype Visitation Leaves Parents Unfulfilled, 2012.
- Chicago Bar Association, Animal Law Section, Speaker and Presenter, Animal Law and Class Actions, 2012.
- Companion Animal Protection Society, Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Happiness is Pets, 2012.
- Stephanie Capps, Protecting Against Illicit Access to Implantable Medical Devices. J. BIOLAW & BUS., Vol. 13, Nos. 1 & 2, 2010.
- Chicago Bar Association, Judicial Evaluation Committee
- Telephones and interviews references listed on judicial candidates’ applications.
- Chicago Bar Association, Wills for Heroes
- Drafts essential legal documents for our service men and women, police and firefighters including wills and powers of attorneys.
- Illinois State Bar Association, Lawyers in the Classroom
- Partners with a volunteer judge to give presentations in high school classrooms in an effort to engage our students’ interest in various law related topics.
Stephanie's email: email@example.com
Brittni L. Hubbard
Junior Legal Assistant
Brittni began working in the legal field in 2007 and has maintained an interest in the legal field ever since. Brittni is an essential part of The Capps Law Firm and assists its attorneys with many aspects of their daily routine. Brittni is attentive, articulate, courteous and personable. She understands that family law matters often cause stress and anxiety in clients and that they depend on a responsive and efficient legal team to support them. As a result, Brittni ensures that she gets the job done promptly and with a positive attitude.
Brittni is currently pursuing her degree at DePaul University. In her free time, she enjoys modeling and journalism. She was a finalist in the Miss Illinois USA Pageant in 2008, 2009 and 2010 and won Miss Photogenic in the 2012 Miss Illinois USA Pageant. Brittni also volunteers with the Starlight Children’s Foundation where she fundraises and brings awareness to help improve the quality of life of terminally ill children and their families.
Lee C. Oliff
Attorney At Law
Lee advises and represents each client in a professional, approachable, and personal manner. His strategic focus and legal understanding assist clients in achieving their particularized goals. Matters involving business law, sports & entertainment law, and family law are typical matters clients call Lee upon for advice.
Prior to working in family law, Lee served clients as an investment adviser at Astor Investment Management, where he currently serves as counsel. He is also the founder, owner, and principal attorney of Oliff Law LLC. Learning about and understanding the particularized need of clients has been the cornerstone of Lee's professional experience. Building on those experiences, Lee handles family law matters with the utmost care and attention.
Lee maintains a continued promise to the community. While in law school, Lee initiated Chicago-Kent's first involvement in the Tulane National Baseball Arbitration Competition earning a third place finish and being named Vice President of the Chicago-Kent Sports & Entertainment Law Society. During the same time, Lee practiced law with his Rule 711 license under the supervision of Richard Kling for Chicago-Kent's Criminal Defense Clinic.
Since graduating, Lee has never wavered in his involvement with Chicago-Kent and coached the Tulane National Baseball Arbitration Competition team to a second place finish in 2014. To this day, Lee remains involved with the Chicago-Kent Alumni.
- Northern District of Illinois
- Chicago-Kent College of Law (J.D.) 2013
- University of Kansas (B.A. Finance) 2009
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Decalogue Society of Lawyers
- Illinois Association of Independent Attorneys
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Sports Lawyers Association
- Series 65 Investment Adviser License
Mary is a veteran of The Capps Law Firm. She and Stephanie have worked together for more than a decade. Mary has over 25 years of experience in the legal field. She assists with family law matters including divorce and custody as well as business and commercial litigation. Mary is fluent in Spanish. She is reliable, thorough, diligent, and pays close attention to detail. Her loyalty and dedication to The Capps Law Firm and its clients is second to none.
Prior to working in the legal community, Mary served as assistant to the Vice President of a large commercial savings and loan bank. She also spent one year living in Ecuador and six years living in Columbia. During this time she lived in one of the poorest neighborhoods in the area. This allowed her to identify with the community and their needs. She has carried this experience with her into her role as legal assistant. Her innate ability to work with people allows clients to feel comfortable and safe when speaking to Mary and allows her to relate and identify to clients from all paths of life.
Mary enjoys scrapbooking, taking walks, and gardening. She has won seven first place awards for Palatine’s annual flower and garden bed competition. She also volunteers with the children’s ministry at her local church.